News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoutlet integrates with Foursquare
The latest trend in social networking: checking in from local businesses, sharing pictures and otherwise engaging with a local hotspot through the social space. Foursquare is leading the way, allowing social networkers to tell their friends and followers where they're having dinner or where they picked up those fabulous boots - simply by checking in.
Now cloud based social platform Shoutlet is integrating Foursquare options within their platform so that brands can take advantage of the trend.
"We set out to create a meaningful service for do-it-yourself marketers with features that our customers crave and will ultimately help them do their job better," said Shoutlet CEO Jason Weaver. "With the addition of foursquare, we feel confident that marketers will gain a new level of insight into potential customers. In addition, the integration will help them create impactful specials to drive traffic into retail locations."
Here's how it would work: brands signing on could manage check-ins to see where customers are checking in and how. In addition to check-ins, the brand could manage images, changes and tips while seeing reports on demographics and sharing options.
This type of report can help the brand fine-tune social and general online campaigns so that ads are targeted to the right consumer bases. Changes could also be made to broaden the reach of campaigns based on the data.
"As a Shoutlet customer, we're very excited about the recent foursquare integration, as it will allow us to more effectively manage our 500+ foursquare brand and hotel-level venues worldwide," said Tiffany Strobel, Social Media & Community Manager, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. "It's nice to be able to do all of this from one dashboard, instead of logging-in to multiple sites"
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...