News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record high in U.S. mobile app downloads
Research conducted by Frank N. Magid and Associates for the Application Developers Alliance reveals a record high in mobile app downloads in the U.S.
The app industry continues to grow at a record-breaking rate. Almost half of the U.S. online population has downloaded an app, found Frank N. Magid, and developers continue to see huge download figures, some in the billions.
No slow-down is on the horizon and the app industry is still at the beginning of its journey. A third of app users plan to use more while a third of those who don't currently use apps plan to do so in the next six months.
"The market for mobile apps is growing, and growing fast," says Alliance Board Member, Brad Feld. "Innovation and strong businesses are driving that growth but we are all benefiting from it. Better apps, better services and more opportunity for businesses to thrive is good for us all."
Other key findings from the research include:
- 52% of respondents learn about new apps via their friends;
- 47% download apps because they are easier to use than a mobile browser;
- 46% download apps because they are the most entertaining way to use their mobile device;
- 44% say mobile apps are the fastest way to get information;
- 57% of app users place great value on app upgrades;
- 46% feel apps are continually improving and look forward to updates.
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...