News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Post-launch survey reveals % of Blackberry, Android users yearning for an iPhone 5
Over half of Blackberry users and a third of Android users want to get their hands on the new Apple iPhone, according to post-launch research carried out by Toluna QuickSurveys.
According to the Toluna QuickSurvey's poll of 2,000 U.S. consumers, carried out in the wake of Apple's latest product launch, a third of Americans want to own the new iPhone 5.
Not surprisingly, significant numbers of Blackberry users (56%) now want to ditch their increasingly outmoded devices and get connected with better technology. However, a sizeable chunk of Android users (32%) also expressed their wish to switch.
Over half of those polled said they were "extremely satisfied" with the new model iPhone. So what has turned users of other mobile phone models on most of all? According to Toluna QuickSurveys' poll, reported by TheNextWeb, it's the extended battery life that consumers like the most. The iPhone 5's looks also impressed 58%.
There remains the loyal core of Android users and they number more than potential defectors. Thirty-three percent said they would definitely not switch to an iPhone.
Commenting on the survey results, TheNextWeb's Emil Protalinski says, "At the end of the day though, it looks like the iPhone 5 release will keep the status quo: Android is dominating, iOS is doing very well in second place, and BlackBerry is losing share like there's no tomorrow."
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...