News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Post-launch survey reveals % of Blackberry, Android users yearning for an iPhone 5
Over half of Blackberry users and a third of Android users want to get their hands on the new Apple iPhone, according to post-launch research carried out by Toluna QuickSurveys.
According to the Toluna QuickSurvey's poll of 2,000 U.S. consumers, carried out in the wake of Apple's latest product launch, a third of Americans want to own the new iPhone 5.
Not surprisingly, significant numbers of Blackberry users (56%) now want to ditch their increasingly outmoded devices and get connected with better technology. However, a sizeable chunk of Android users (32%) also expressed their wish to switch.
Over half of those polled said they were "extremely satisfied" with the new model iPhone. So what has turned users of other mobile phone models on most of all? According to Toluna QuickSurveys' poll, reported by TheNextWeb, it's the extended battery life that consumers like the most. The iPhone 5's looks also impressed 58%.
There remains the loyal core of Android users and they number more than potential defectors. Thirty-three percent said they would definitely not switch to an iPhone.
Commenting on the survey results, TheNextWeb's Emil Protalinski says, "At the end of the day though, it looks like the iPhone 5 release will keep the status quo: Android is dominating, iOS is doing very well in second place, and BlackBerry is losing share like there's no tomorrow."
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...