News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Post-launch survey reveals % of Blackberry, Android users yearning for an iPhone 5
Over half of Blackberry users and a third of Android users want to get their hands on the new Apple iPhone, according to post-launch research carried out by Toluna QuickSurveys.
According to the Toluna QuickSurvey's poll of 2,000 U.S. consumers, carried out in the wake of Apple's latest product launch, a third of Americans want to own the new iPhone 5.
Not surprisingly, significant numbers of Blackberry users (56%) now want to ditch their increasingly outmoded devices and get connected with better technology. However, a sizeable chunk of Android users (32%) also expressed their wish to switch.
Over half of those polled said they were "extremely satisfied" with the new model iPhone. So what has turned users of other mobile phone models on most of all? According to Toluna QuickSurveys' poll, reported by TheNextWeb, it's the extended battery life that consumers like the most. The iPhone 5's looks also impressed 58%.
There remains the loyal core of Android users and they number more than potential defectors. Thirty-three percent said they would definitely not switch to an iPhone.
Commenting on the survey results, TheNextWeb's Emil Protalinski says, "At the end of the day though, it looks like the iPhone 5 release will keep the status quo: Android is dominating, iOS is doing very well in second place, and BlackBerry is losing share like there's no tomorrow."
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...