News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew: The importance of social for politics
As the 2012 Presidential Election looms in the US, more politically-minded pages are going up around the social sphere. There are pages for Republicans, Democrats, specific candidates, 'haters' of candidates or parties...the list goes on. While those behind the social pages and profiles insist they are important - are they?
According to data from Pew Research politically minded social network profiles or pages are 'modestly influential' to actual political activities. According to the report:
• 36% of social networkers say these sites are 'very important' in keeping up with political news
• 26% say they are 'very important in recruiting efforts
• 25% say political pages are 'very important' is discussing issues and sharing political views
How are social networks impacting the election? About one-quarter of social networkers say they've become more active in a political activity after discussing it or reading posts within social networks while 16% say these sites have changed their views about an issue because of a social page.
As for which social discussions are getting the most play, after the Democratic National Convention last week, General Sentiment reports discussions about jobs ranked highest in the social sphere. At the same time, chatter about President Obama grew during the convention; on the down side, the President's 'sentiment' score fell by about 26% after his acceptance speech.
As for the Republican party, presidential nominee Mitt Romney has his social sentiment rise through September 7, when it took a sharp nosedive. Meanwhile, Vice President Joe Biden (D) saw his online sentiment increase by more than 300% while that of Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan (R) saw a sentiment nosedive of more than 36%.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...