News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Optify: Why planning for success isn't just a catch-phrase
There are any number of plaques, t-shirts and banners around the globe reiterating a phrase everyone knows: success is reached by first planning. That statement, while trite, is correct according to new data from Optify. Their new study of B2B marketers found that the half who spend more time planning exhibit the highest success rates.
These star performers - or Marketing Athletes - invest more time and energy into things like SEO, Social Media - most use multiple tools to manage social media - , Public Relation and Content Creation to try to reach leads compared to others in the field, finds the research.
"Marketing athletes are the unsung heroes of B2B marketing, and this survey puts into perspective the amount of work and knowledge they possess," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "The study confirms our many discussions with customers and prospects; marketing athletes work across multiple channels to achieve their aggressive goals. We are building Optify to help them manage and track all their marketing campaigns in one single place."
Some takeaways from the research include:
• 45% of Marketing Athletes spend at least 15 hours per week executing plans
• 30% spend more than 15 hours per week on content creation/management
• Lead Generation accounts for 17% of their work time and website management for 16%
• Those not considered Marketing Athletes spend under 5 hours per week on planning
The majority of respondents, 73% are not considered Marketing Athletes - these workers spend less than 5 hours per week planning campaigns, identifying goals or creating a way to reach leads.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...