News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Optify: Why planning for success isn't just a catch-phrase
There are any number of plaques, t-shirts and banners around the globe reiterating a phrase everyone knows: success is reached by first planning. That statement, while trite, is correct according to new data from Optify. Their new study of B2B marketers found that the half who spend more time planning exhibit the highest success rates.
These star performers - or Marketing Athletes - invest more time and energy into things like SEO, Social Media - most use multiple tools to manage social media - , Public Relation and Content Creation to try to reach leads compared to others in the field, finds the research.
"Marketing athletes are the unsung heroes of B2B marketing, and this survey puts into perspective the amount of work and knowledge they possess," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "The study confirms our many discussions with customers and prospects; marketing athletes work across multiple channels to achieve their aggressive goals. We are building Optify to help them manage and track all their marketing campaigns in one single place."
Some takeaways from the research include:
• 45% of Marketing Athletes spend at least 15 hours per week executing plans
• 30% spend more than 15 hours per week on content creation/management
• Lead Generation accounts for 17% of their work time and website management for 16%
• Those not considered Marketing Athletes spend under 5 hours per week on planning
The majority of respondents, 73% are not considered Marketing Athletes - these workers spend less than 5 hours per week planning campaigns, identifying goals or creating a way to reach leads.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...