News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Optify: Why planning for success isn't just a catch-phrase
There are any number of plaques, t-shirts and banners around the globe reiterating a phrase everyone knows: success is reached by first planning. That statement, while trite, is correct according to new data from Optify. Their new study of B2B marketers found that the half who spend more time planning exhibit the highest success rates.
These star performers - or Marketing Athletes - invest more time and energy into things like SEO, Social Media - most use multiple tools to manage social media - , Public Relation and Content Creation to try to reach leads compared to others in the field, finds the research.
"Marketing athletes are the unsung heroes of B2B marketing, and this survey puts into perspective the amount of work and knowledge they possess," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "The study confirms our many discussions with customers and prospects; marketing athletes work across multiple channels to achieve their aggressive goals. We are building Optify to help them manage and track all their marketing campaigns in one single place."
Some takeaways from the research include:
• 45% of Marketing Athletes spend at least 15 hours per week executing plans
• 30% spend more than 15 hours per week on content creation/management
• Lead Generation accounts for 17% of their work time and website management for 16%
• Those not considered Marketing Athletes spend under 5 hours per week on planning
The majority of respondents, 73% are not considered Marketing Athletes - these workers spend less than 5 hours per week planning campaigns, identifying goals or creating a way to reach leads.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...