News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
OOH advertising reaches $3.5b through Q2 2012
Out of Home (OOH) advertising spending continues to increase according to numbers from the Outdoor Advertising Association of America. Their latest numbers have the OOH spend at $3.5 billion through Q1 and Q2 of 2012, with Q2 increasing just over 4% Year over Year (YoY).
With the Q2 spend coming in at a 4.3% increase, that marks the fifth straight quarter that has seen at least a 3% increase YoY.
"The out of home advertising industry remains on a growth trajectory surpassing most other media," said OAAA President & CEO Nancy Fletcher. "The advertising community has embraced OOH as a proven component of effective ad campaigns."
Some of the increase can be attributed to the 2012 Presidential Election as candidates, supporters and lobby groups increase their spending to get their messages across to the largest number of people.
"As predicted earlier this year, political advertising spend continues to grow this election year," said OAAA Chief Marketing Officer Stephen Freitas. "We've already seen a rise in both candidate and public issues ads as political action groups and campaign buyers recognize the strategic value in targeted OOH messages."
Some interesting takeaways from the report:
• The Insurance and Real Estate categories each increased more than 10% YoY
• Government, Politics and Organization categories saw increased spends of more than 14%
• Retail showed the fastest growth, coming in at a 16% increase YoY
There are some down categories, however. The OAAA reports Financial segments decreased spending by more than 10% while the Communications segment decreased spending by more than 14%.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...