News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile moms' new tool for back-to-school shopping
Moms are using smartphone technology to get them through the stressful back-to-school shopping period, according to a new study from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and Meredith Corp.
The back-to-school shopping season can be a tough time for moms. This year, it seems, moms are more stressed than they were last year. When the IAB surveyed moms at the start of August, over two-thirds (68%) said they were more stressed this year than last.
The more children involved the more stressful it can be - 73% of moms with three or more children said they were more stressed this year than last.
But, they have a new tool to help them get through - mobile.
A whopping 85% of moms said their smartphone made the back-to-school period far less stressful. Even more (90%) said their mobile device made life a lot easier overall.
"Moms as a group have a lot on their plates. They need to stay in touch at all times, to be highly organized and to be efficient multitaskers," said Joe Laszlo, senior director of the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence at IAB.
"Those characteristics, which are amplified during the busy back-to-school season, make them a natural segment to embrace the tools and capabilities that smartphones enable."
Other key findings from the survey include:
- 1 in 5 moms use smartphones to shop online;
- 1 in 4 moms use smartphones to find deals and discounts in local stores;
- 21% of moms use smartphones to create and check shopping lists.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...