News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile moms' new tool for back-to-school shopping
Moms are using smartphone technology to get them through the stressful back-to-school shopping period, according to a new study from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and Meredith Corp.
The back-to-school shopping season can be a tough time for moms. This year, it seems, moms are more stressed than they were last year. When the IAB surveyed moms at the start of August, over two-thirds (68%) said they were more stressed this year than last.
The more children involved the more stressful it can be - 73% of moms with three or more children said they were more stressed this year than last.
But, they have a new tool to help them get through - mobile.
A whopping 85% of moms said their smartphone made the back-to-school period far less stressful. Even more (90%) said their mobile device made life a lot easier overall.
"Moms as a group have a lot on their plates. They need to stay in touch at all times, to be highly organized and to be efficient multitaskers," said Joe Laszlo, senior director of the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence at IAB.
"Those characteristics, which are amplified during the busy back-to-school season, make them a natural segment to embrace the tools and capabilities that smartphones enable."
Other key findings from the survey include:
- 1 in 5 moms use smartphones to shop online;
- 1 in 4 moms use smartphones to find deals and discounts in local stores;
- 21% of moms use smartphones to create and check shopping lists.
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...