News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile email opens rise 32% in first half of 2012
Knotice's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Report reveals that, in the first half of 2012, the number of emails opened on a mobile device rose 32% from the second half of 2011, with iOS dominating.
Mobile email opens rose to 36% during the first half of 2012, reports Knotice, a 32% increase over the 27% open rate reported in the second half of 2011.
iOS devices make up the majority of mobile email activity. Knotice reveals that the iPhone and iPad together account for more than 29% of mobile email opens, compared to just over 6% for Android devices. Together, iOS and Android, the two dominant mobile operating systems in the U.S., account for 99.19% of all mobile email opens.
In their report, Knotice breaks down mobile devices into two distinct categories: "phones" and "tablets." They found that email opens occurring on mobile phones continue to outpace those occurring on tablets by roughly 3 to 1, with mobile phones representing 25.85% of all email opens and tablets 10.16%.
Knotice forecasts that the share of mobile opens will exceed 50% for most marketers within the next 6 to 12 months.
According to the report (.pdf), "If your brand has not yet reached the tipping point in mobile email engagement, it will soon. How your email subscribers view and consume email content has fundamentally changed within the past few years. Every marketer will have to embrace the mobile-majority audience or risk continued declines in click and conversion metrics."
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...