News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile ad CTRs jump the closer a consumer gets to a business
New insights into local mobile advertising from YP reveal how mobile users' distance to a business location impacts their likelihood to click on an ad for that business.
In the latest YP Local Insights report (Q3), an interesting set of figures emerged - mobile ad click-through rate by proximity to a business destination.
Put simply, YP's results show that the closer a mobile user is to a business destination, the more likely they are to engage and click on an ad.
It makes sense. Today's consumers increasingly use their mobile devices to plan and guide shopping trips and purchases.
When a mobile user is five to ten miles away, CTRs rise only slightly to 1.05 times but, when within one mile of a business destination CTRs jump to 1.4 times. However, as the report points out, there is a 'sweet spot' when a user is one to two miles away where CTRs peak at 1.48 times.
YP's Local Insights Report also reveals the top 10 overall local search categories:
2. Financial Services
3. Beauty Services
4. Auto Repair and Services
5. Real Estate
6. Physicians and Surgeons
7. Auto Parts
8. Building Contractors
9. Legal Services
10. Materials, Equipment and Supplies
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...