News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile ad CTRs jump the closer a consumer gets to a business
New insights into local mobile advertising from YP reveal how mobile users' distance to a business location impacts their likelihood to click on an ad for that business.
In the latest YP Local Insights report (Q3), an interesting set of figures emerged - mobile ad click-through rate by proximity to a business destination.
Put simply, YP's results show that the closer a mobile user is to a business destination, the more likely they are to engage and click on an ad.
It makes sense. Today's consumers increasingly use their mobile devices to plan and guide shopping trips and purchases.
When a mobile user is five to ten miles away, CTRs rise only slightly to 1.05 times but, when within one mile of a business destination CTRs jump to 1.4 times. However, as the report points out, there is a 'sweet spot' when a user is one to two miles away where CTRs peak at 1.48 times.
YP's Local Insights Report also reveals the top 10 overall local search categories:
2. Financial Services
3. Beauty Services
4. Auto Repair and Services
5. Real Estate
6. Physicians and Surgeons
7. Auto Parts
8. Building Contractors
9. Legal Services
10. Materials, Equipment and Supplies
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...