News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin, Mercent partner for improved ecommerce capabilities
A new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent should help online retailers better perform by linking paid search with seasonal inventory. Here's how:
"By integrating Mercent's data feed with Marin Software we're much more responsive to customer demand with our paid search campaigns," said Chris Keating, Vice President of SEO, Conversion Optimization and Data Feeds at Performics. "Prior to deploying Marin's Dynamic Campaigns with Mercent's feed management technology, adjusting paid search campaigns according to inventory levels was a very challenging and time-consuming process. Now, for example, should inventory fall below a predefined level, Marin Software will automatically cease a campaign or rotate a new one in."
Heading into the holiday shopping season, retailers are likely looking for ways to better monetize things like holiday decorations or even cold-weather gear like heavy coats, snow boots and shovels. The new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent is set up to link these types of seasonal products to paid search campaigns, matching products and managing inventory.
"For retailers, aligning search marketing campaigns with large, ever-changing product sets is a daunting task, especially if done manually through Excel," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. "Marin Software automates much of the process and by partnering with Mercent retailers are able to efficiently synchronize paid search with product inventory data feeds, leading to more dynamic, revenue generating campaigns."
Marin Software is a digital ad management platform, helping to integrate brand campaigns across online channels including search, social, display and mobile. Mercent, meanwhile, helps big retailers increase online conversions through affiliate networks, paid search and display ads as well as social shopping sites.
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...