News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin, Mercent partner for improved ecommerce capabilities
A new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent should help online retailers better perform by linking paid search with seasonal inventory. Here's how:
"By integrating Mercent's data feed with Marin Software we're much more responsive to customer demand with our paid search campaigns," said Chris Keating, Vice President of SEO, Conversion Optimization and Data Feeds at Performics. "Prior to deploying Marin's Dynamic Campaigns with Mercent's feed management technology, adjusting paid search campaigns according to inventory levels was a very challenging and time-consuming process. Now, for example, should inventory fall below a predefined level, Marin Software will automatically cease a campaign or rotate a new one in."
Heading into the holiday shopping season, retailers are likely looking for ways to better monetize things like holiday decorations or even cold-weather gear like heavy coats, snow boots and shovels. The new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent is set up to link these types of seasonal products to paid search campaigns, matching products and managing inventory.
"For retailers, aligning search marketing campaigns with large, ever-changing product sets is a daunting task, especially if done manually through Excel," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. "Marin Software automates much of the process and by partnering with Mercent retailers are able to efficiently synchronize paid search with product inventory data feeds, leading to more dynamic, revenue generating campaigns."
Marin Software is a digital ad management platform, helping to integrate brand campaigns across online channels including search, social, display and mobile. Mercent, meanwhile, helps big retailers increase online conversions through affiliate networks, paid search and display ads as well as social shopping sites.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...