News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin, Mercent partner for improved ecommerce capabilities
A new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent should help online retailers better perform by linking paid search with seasonal inventory. Here's how:
"By integrating Mercent's data feed with Marin Software we're much more responsive to customer demand with our paid search campaigns," said Chris Keating, Vice President of SEO, Conversion Optimization and Data Feeds at Performics. "Prior to deploying Marin's Dynamic Campaigns with Mercent's feed management technology, adjusting paid search campaigns according to inventory levels was a very challenging and time-consuming process. Now, for example, should inventory fall below a predefined level, Marin Software will automatically cease a campaign or rotate a new one in."
Heading into the holiday shopping season, retailers are likely looking for ways to better monetize things like holiday decorations or even cold-weather gear like heavy coats, snow boots and shovels. The new partnership between Marin Software and Mercent is set up to link these types of seasonal products to paid search campaigns, matching products and managing inventory.
"For retailers, aligning search marketing campaigns with large, ever-changing product sets is a daunting task, especially if done manually through Excel," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. "Marin Software automates much of the process and by partnering with Mercent retailers are able to efficiently synchronize paid search with product inventory data feeds, leading to more dynamic, revenue generating campaigns."
Marin Software is a digital ad management platform, helping to integrate brand campaigns across online channels including search, social, display and mobile. Mercent, meanwhile, helps big retailers increase online conversions through affiliate networks, paid search and display ads as well as social shopping sites.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...