News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 90% SMBs networking online
When it comes to networking, more small businesses (SMBs) are looking to online outlets to reach more potential customers. According to a new survey of SMBs from Manta 90% of those surveyed spend time online networking to find more customers.
Nearly three-quarters (74%) say online networking is as valuable as offline networking when it comes to their business.
"Small businesses understand they need to go where their audience is. Participating, networking and being found online is extremely important today in growing their business, so it's not surprising that they are embracing the channel," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "We're empowering members of the Manta community to create a comprehensive showcase for their company, products and services, and member profile all in one place. And, since more than 36 million people come to Manta each month searching for companies and their related products and services, these searches will now become even more valuable and more profitable for our members."
Some interesting findings include:
• 50% of those surveyed report the targeting of consumers is the biggest benefit to online networking
• 78% report they've gained at least 25% of 'new customers' from online or social networking
• 58% say they 'struggle to find' value in Facebook as a promotion tool
• Groupon and Pinterest, meanwhile, are returning dismal numbers for most surveyed
"Over time, I've realized that it's very important for me to maintain a consistent presence for both my business and myself online. More and more consumers, who are my prospective customers, are looking online for information about companies who offer remodeling services and architectural plans," said Joseph Buczek, President of Indiana and Missouri-basedLighthouse Construction and Restoration, Inc. "My presence on Manta allows me to expand awareness of both my company and myself as a small business owner online."
One quarter of respondents say their website drives the most engagement for them.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...