News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LocalResponse: For social shoppers it's a Saturday thing
When it comes to shopping in the social space, Saturdays hold many shoppers' hearts. According to new data from LocalResponse the bulk of social shopping check-ins come on Saturdays (25%) at 2pm ET - at least for shoppers in the US.
According to LocalResponse:
• Saturday is the most popular check-in day for social shoppers, followed by Friday and Sunday
• 38% of check-ins come from WalMart, 15% from Target
• Men are more likely to check-in (54% vs. 46%)
• Most choose to check-in via Foursquare - 78% of check-ins for the top 10 retailers
"Our first major data report on consumer check-ins provides unique insights into consumer behavior trends and preferences among shoppers who are increasingly more willing to broadcast their location and intent to purchase," said Kathy Leake, president and co-founder, LocalResponse. "We think this data will be a huge benefit for retailers in almost any industry so they can better market to their customers and understand consumer motivations as a way to increase conversions at checkout."
According to data from eMarketer nearly 1.5 billion people worldwide will be active on social networks, a 19% share of the population. By 2014 1.85 billion people are expected to be 'social'. Meanwhile data from comScore shows retail content is pushing mobile usage. Their research shows 4 of 5 US smartphone users accessed retail content via mobile; most of these were women.
This ties in with the check-in data because it is plausible that shoppers are checking in to physical stores while accessing online/mobile information on pricing, product details and availability.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...