News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LocalResponse: For social shoppers it's a Saturday thing
When it comes to shopping in the social space, Saturdays hold many shoppers' hearts. According to new data from LocalResponse the bulk of social shopping check-ins come on Saturdays (25%) at 2pm ET - at least for shoppers in the US.
According to LocalResponse:
• Saturday is the most popular check-in day for social shoppers, followed by Friday and Sunday
• 38% of check-ins come from WalMart, 15% from Target
• Men are more likely to check-in (54% vs. 46%)
• Most choose to check-in via Foursquare - 78% of check-ins for the top 10 retailers
"Our first major data report on consumer check-ins provides unique insights into consumer behavior trends and preferences among shoppers who are increasingly more willing to broadcast their location and intent to purchase," said Kathy Leake, president and co-founder, LocalResponse. "We think this data will be a huge benefit for retailers in almost any industry so they can better market to their customers and understand consumer motivations as a way to increase conversions at checkout."
According to data from eMarketer nearly 1.5 billion people worldwide will be active on social networks, a 19% share of the population. By 2014 1.85 billion people are expected to be 'social'. Meanwhile data from comScore shows retail content is pushing mobile usage. Their research shows 4 of 5 US smartphone users accessed retail content via mobile; most of these were women.
This ties in with the check-in data because it is plausible that shoppers are checking in to physical stores while accessing online/mobile information on pricing, product details and availability.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...