News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LocalResponse: For social shoppers it's a Saturday thing
When it comes to shopping in the social space, Saturdays hold many shoppers' hearts. According to new data from LocalResponse the bulk of social shopping check-ins come on Saturdays (25%) at 2pm ET - at least for shoppers in the US.
According to LocalResponse:
• Saturday is the most popular check-in day for social shoppers, followed by Friday and Sunday
• 38% of check-ins come from WalMart, 15% from Target
• Men are more likely to check-in (54% vs. 46%)
• Most choose to check-in via Foursquare - 78% of check-ins for the top 10 retailers
"Our first major data report on consumer check-ins provides unique insights into consumer behavior trends and preferences among shoppers who are increasingly more willing to broadcast their location and intent to purchase," said Kathy Leake, president and co-founder, LocalResponse. "We think this data will be a huge benefit for retailers in almost any industry so they can better market to their customers and understand consumer motivations as a way to increase conversions at checkout."
According to data from eMarketer nearly 1.5 billion people worldwide will be active on social networks, a 19% share of the population. By 2014 1.85 billion people are expected to be 'social'. Meanwhile data from comScore shows retail content is pushing mobile usage. Their research shows 4 of 5 US smartphone users accessed retail content via mobile; most of these were women.
This ties in with the check-in data because it is plausible that shoppers are checking in to physical stores while accessing online/mobile information on pricing, product details and availability.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...