News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kellogg's London pop-up store accepts social currency for new product
To launch a new product, Kellogg's is using social currency in a world first. A new 'tweet shop', temporarily located in a busy inner-London location, gives away free product in return for a Tweet.
To launch the company's foray into the savory crisp market, Kellogg's has taken over a store in London's Soho district.
The store is packed with free samples of their new product, Special K Crackers, along with a 'try before you buy' area and an LCD 'community noticeboard' that displays reactions in social media.
However, instead of asking customers to reach for their wallets, customers at the store are encouraged to reach for their mobile device.
One Tweet is all that is needed to secure a pack of the new, low-calorie snacks. Once a customer's Tweet is displayed on the large LCD noticeboard, complete with the hashtag #tweetshop, a pack is handed over.
"The value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare so we're excited to be the first company to literally use social currency instead of financial currency to launch this new product in our bespoke Special K shop," says Sarah Case from Special K.
The pop-up store won't be around for long. It is open 9am-5pm from Tuesday 25 September to Friday 28 September.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...