News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kellogg's London pop-up store accepts social currency for new product
To launch a new product, Kellogg's is using social currency in a world first. A new 'tweet shop', temporarily located in a busy inner-London location, gives away free product in return for a Tweet.
To launch the company's foray into the savory crisp market, Kellogg's has taken over a store in London's Soho district.
The store is packed with free samples of their new product, Special K Crackers, along with a 'try before you buy' area and an LCD 'community noticeboard' that displays reactions in social media.
However, instead of asking customers to reach for their wallets, customers at the store are encouraged to reach for their mobile device.
One Tweet is all that is needed to secure a pack of the new, low-calorie snacks. Once a customer's Tweet is displayed on the large LCD noticeboard, complete with the hashtag #tweetshop, a pack is handed over.
"The value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare so we're excited to be the first company to literally use social currency instead of financial currency to launch this new product in our bespoke Special K shop," says Sarah Case from Special K.
The pop-up store won't be around for long. It is open 9am-5pm from Tuesday 25 September to Friday 28 September.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...