News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPhone 5: Record-breaking advance sales top 2 million units
Apple's latest version of its best-selling product has just beaten the sales record set by the previous iPhone model.
iPhone 5 pre-orders have "shattered" the record held by the iPhone 4S, according to Apple.
In just one day, advance sales for the iPhone 5, with its larger screen, improved camera and thinner body, topped 2 million units.
That figure is double that of the 1 million advance sales that the iPhone 4S attracted within 24 hours last October. Back then, Apple was "blown away" with the consumer response as they witnessed sales that were the most for any new product that they had ever launched.
"Demand for iPhone 5 exceeds the initial supply and while the majority of pre-orders will be delivered to customers on September 21, many are scheduled to be delivered in October," announced Apple in a news release yesterday.
Queues of campers have already started forming in cities such as New York and London, but the iPhone won't be seen on a store shelf until September 21, 2012.
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...