News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How SmartVideo may change video ads
A new arrival into the online video scene could update what brands have, to date, been doing with online video. From SundaySky, the SmartVideo platform allows for the retargeting of video ads, helping to make video a more relevant experience for the consumer.
The SmartVideo platform from SundaySkydelivers personalize, scalable, real time video experiences to shoppers online throughout the lifecycle of a conversion. And, they're retargeted, bringing retail site or cart abandoners back into the website through video engagement.
"[SmartVideo] is an ideal way to drive brand engagement and recapture an otherwise lost investment in traffic, thereby increasing sales," said Kelly Ford, SundaySky Vice President of Marketing. "Retargeted video advertising is ultimately bridging the gap between brand and performance advertising disciplines, supporting the creative messaging, reach and scale requirements of brand advertisers; as well as critical action-driven, tracking and optimization elements that performance marketers require."
SundaySky reports SmartVideo programs have been shown to 'outperform' brand advertising campaigns and 'outbrand' performance marketing campaigns. As with retargeted display ads, the basic method is the same: an ad or email is delivered to the consumer once the site is abandoned.
"SmartVideo technology takes retargeted advertising a step further by presenting qualified abandoners with pre-roll video ads that are personalized and generated in real-time. SmartVideo ads engage viewers through a tailored message to each qualified individual when he watches an online video on, say, Youtube. The personal relevance of the video ad is based on segment, persona, profile and behavioral attributes of past site visits," said Ford.
More from SundaySky and Kelly tomorrow, including her top tips for retargeting a video ad.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...