News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile, recommendations can influence online purchasing
Not only are options like on-site search and personalization efforts impacting how consumers shop and buy online, new options like mobile in-store check-outs are helping retailers increase sales according to data from two different agencies.
According to data from Baynote and Shop.org, personalization can drive more retail conversions. Using personalized recommendations retailers saw a 355% conversion increase. Other interesting findings included:
• 35% apparel orders influenced by recommendations
• 16% of apparel sites' total revenue results from clicking recommendations
• 38% of apparel sites' revenue results from recommendations
In addition to optimizing on-site search options, they suggest adding on-site recommendations.
Meanwhile ShopKeep POS has released an iPhone app which helps merchants by making real-time sales viewable through a mobile device. The app tracks previous day sales and metrics so that merchants can know in real time what products are selling, inventory rates and how to engage with consumers in-store.
"Each and every platform update we offer is directly tied to customer feedback,"said Jason Richelson, CEO and Founder of ShopKeep POS. "Keeping consistently up-to-date on store sales is critical to understanding business successes and disappointments. ShopKeep POS is the only iPad POS system that offers merchants the ability to manage their store from an iPhone or Android phone."
Ike Escava, co-owner of The Bean, a popular three-store coffee shop chain in the East Village in NYC. "I love it!" Escava said. "ShopKeep POS keeps raising the bar for point-of-sale reporting. I can now see real time metrics on all three of my stores in one app with one click."
Through the app merchants can monitor both sales and returns, see gross margins to track earnings each day and see multiple store locations via a single screen to track how stores are doing in different neighborhoods, cities or regions.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...