News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile, recommendations can influence online purchasing
Not only are options like on-site search and personalization efforts impacting how consumers shop and buy online, new options like mobile in-store check-outs are helping retailers increase sales according to data from two different agencies.
According to data from Baynote and Shop.org, personalization can drive more retail conversions. Using personalized recommendations retailers saw a 355% conversion increase. Other interesting findings included:
• 35% apparel orders influenced by recommendations
• 16% of apparel sites' total revenue results from clicking recommendations
• 38% of apparel sites' revenue results from recommendations
In addition to optimizing on-site search options, they suggest adding on-site recommendations.
Meanwhile ShopKeep POS has released an iPhone app which helps merchants by making real-time sales viewable through a mobile device. The app tracks previous day sales and metrics so that merchants can know in real time what products are selling, inventory rates and how to engage with consumers in-store.
"Each and every platform update we offer is directly tied to customer feedback,"said Jason Richelson, CEO and Founder of ShopKeep POS. "Keeping consistently up-to-date on store sales is critical to understanding business successes and disappointments. ShopKeep POS is the only iPad POS system that offers merchants the ability to manage their store from an iPhone or Android phone."
Ike Escava, co-owner of The Bean, a popular three-store coffee shop chain in the East Village in NYC. "I love it!" Escava said. "ShopKeep POS keeps raising the bar for point-of-sale reporting. I can now see real time metrics on all three of my stores in one app with one click."
Through the app merchants can monitor both sales and returns, see gross margins to track earnings each day and see multiple store locations via a single screen to track how stores are doing in different neighborhoods, cities or regions.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...