News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile, recommendations can influence online purchasing
Not only are options like on-site search and personalization efforts impacting how consumers shop and buy online, new options like mobile in-store check-outs are helping retailers increase sales according to data from two different agencies.
According to data from Baynote and Shop.org, personalization can drive more retail conversions. Using personalized recommendations retailers saw a 355% conversion increase. Other interesting findings included:
• 35% apparel orders influenced by recommendations
• 16% of apparel sites' total revenue results from clicking recommendations
• 38% of apparel sites' revenue results from recommendations
In addition to optimizing on-site search options, they suggest adding on-site recommendations.
Meanwhile ShopKeep POS has released an iPhone app which helps merchants by making real-time sales viewable through a mobile device. The app tracks previous day sales and metrics so that merchants can know in real time what products are selling, inventory rates and how to engage with consumers in-store.
"Each and every platform update we offer is directly tied to customer feedback,"said Jason Richelson, CEO and Founder of ShopKeep POS. "Keeping consistently up-to-date on store sales is critical to understanding business successes and disappointments. ShopKeep POS is the only iPad POS system that offers merchants the ability to manage their store from an iPhone or Android phone."
Ike Escava, co-owner of The Bean, a popular three-store coffee shop chain in the East Village in NYC. "I love it!" Escava said. "ShopKeep POS keeps raising the bar for point-of-sale reporting. I can now see real time metrics on all three of my stores in one app with one click."
Through the app merchants can monitor both sales and returns, see gross margins to track earnings each day and see multiple store locations via a single screen to track how stores are doing in different neighborhoods, cities or regions.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
- Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...