News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google: Mobile site experiences shape consumer attitudes
Almost two-thirds of mobile users would quickly leave a website on their mobile phone if it wasn't mobile-friendly, according to new research from Google, further pushing home the message to marketers the importance of the channel.
Google's new study, conducted by independent market research firms Sterling Research and SmithGeiger, highlights the benefits of having a mobile-friendly website.
Of the 1,088 U.S. adult smartphone users surveyed, 61% said they would quickly move on to another mobile website if they don't see what they were looking for right away. A bad mobile experience doesn't end when a consumer leaves a website. Over half (52%) said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with the company and 48% said it made them feel as if the company didn't care about their business.
"While the research confirms what we already suspected - that mobile users actively seek out and prefer to engage with mobile-friendly sites - it's a sobering reminder of just how quickly and deeply users attitudes about companies can be shaped by mobile site experiences," writes Masha Fisch, Google Mobile Ads Marketing, on the Google blog.
"Having a great mobile site is no longer just about making a few more sales. It's become a critical component of building strong brands, nurturing lasting customer relationships, and making mobile work for you."
As well as driving consumers to the competition, marketers are also missing out on sales. Over two-thirds (67%) of respondents said a mobile-friendly website makes them more likely to make a purchase.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...