News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Cloud subscriptions skyrocket
As businesses move farther into the online realm it isn't only about engaging consumers to buy products. The online space is also proving to be a lucrative addition to business infrastructure like the storage of documents, employee training materials and ways for remote workers to stay in touch with the home office.
According to data from Qumu, more businesses will head into the cloud in the coming months, looking for more affordable storage as well as to meet employee training goals. New data out from iSuppli indicates subscriptions to cloud storage services will grow to at least 500 million in 2012, nearly doubling the number of subscriptions in 2011.
"In an environment where mobile devices like smartphones and media tablets handle broadband data on a near-ceaseless basis, businesses are realizing the importance of cloud services in allowing consumers to manage, store and sync content across their devices," said Jagdish Rebello, Ph.D., director for consumer & communications at IHS. "And with companies casting about for new viable business models in order to monetize data traffic, cloud-based services could help lead firms into the next revolution of the wireless industry--or at least remain pertinent in the new mobile broadband paradigm. However, providing cloud services is not profitable as a standalone service, challenging companies to identify value-added services that could generate revenue."
In 2013, these subscriptions are expected to make a 25% gain to reach at least 625 million.
The cloud can also become a kind of storage facility for brands to keep old ad campaigns, images and other content which can be brought out through social networks to support newer campaigns in the online space.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...