News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Cloud subscriptions skyrocket
As businesses move farther into the online realm it isn't only about engaging consumers to buy products. The online space is also proving to be a lucrative addition to business infrastructure like the storage of documents, employee training materials and ways for remote workers to stay in touch with the home office.
According to data from Qumu, more businesses will head into the cloud in the coming months, looking for more affordable storage as well as to meet employee training goals. New data out from iSuppli indicates subscriptions to cloud storage services will grow to at least 500 million in 2012, nearly doubling the number of subscriptions in 2011.
"In an environment where mobile devices like smartphones and media tablets handle broadband data on a near-ceaseless basis, businesses are realizing the importance of cloud services in allowing consumers to manage, store and sync content across their devices," said Jagdish Rebello, Ph.D., director for consumer & communications at IHS. "And with companies casting about for new viable business models in order to monetize data traffic, cloud-based services could help lead firms into the next revolution of the wireless industry--or at least remain pertinent in the new mobile broadband paradigm. However, providing cloud services is not profitable as a standalone service, challenging companies to identify value-added services that could generate revenue."
In 2013, these subscriptions are expected to make a 25% gain to reach at least 625 million.
The cloud can also become a kind of storage facility for brands to keep old ad campaigns, images and other content which can be brought out through social networks to support newer campaigns in the online space.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...