News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: Email volume up 10% YoY
Businesses may be cutting back on some traditional ad costs, but email isn't one of the 'traditional' areas seeing a recession. According to data from Experian CheetahMail email volumes were up 10% from Q2 2011 to Q2 2012, with the Travel and Consumer Products/Services sectors seeing the most growth.
"For Q2 2012, overall email volume increased 10 percent while open rates were slightly above the 2011 Q2 rates, as more than 55 percent of brands had statistically significant increases in open rates for Q2 2012," said Regina Gray, vice president of strategic services, Experian CheetahMail. "While click rates continued to show a year-over-year decline, there is some evidence that the rates are stabilizing. Email is still the most effective channel to connect with customers as we've seen a growing trend of brands utilizing social capabilities to acquire and engage consumers and fans across these new media channels."
One growth trend: the integration of social features into email marketing.
CheetahMail reports a 70% increase in campaigns geared toward getting consumers to 'like', 'pin' or 'follow' the brand through the social sphere. Pinterest, especially, is getting play from brands and consumers. The report indicates Pinterest mailings are getting about 25% higher clicks than other campaigns. However, Twitter wins for open rates.
Researchers found open rates for Twitter 'follow us' email campaigns nearly 10% higher than open rates for other campaigns.
Meanwhile, the report shows getting consumers to click hasn't changed: coupons are still one of the best ways to get a shopper to click on an email offer. Coupon-based mailings were responsible for about 50% more clicks than other campaigns.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...