News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: Email volume up 10% YoY
Businesses may be cutting back on some traditional ad costs, but email isn't one of the 'traditional' areas seeing a recession. According to data from Experian CheetahMail email volumes were up 10% from Q2 2011 to Q2 2012, with the Travel and Consumer Products/Services sectors seeing the most growth.
"For Q2 2012, overall email volume increased 10 percent while open rates were slightly above the 2011 Q2 rates, as more than 55 percent of brands had statistically significant increases in open rates for Q2 2012," said Regina Gray, vice president of strategic services, Experian CheetahMail. "While click rates continued to show a year-over-year decline, there is some evidence that the rates are stabilizing. Email is still the most effective channel to connect with customers as we've seen a growing trend of brands utilizing social capabilities to acquire and engage consumers and fans across these new media channels."
One growth trend: the integration of social features into email marketing.
CheetahMail reports a 70% increase in campaigns geared toward getting consumers to 'like', 'pin' or 'follow' the brand through the social sphere. Pinterest, especially, is getting play from brands and consumers. The report indicates Pinterest mailings are getting about 25% higher clicks than other campaigns. However, Twitter wins for open rates.
Researchers found open rates for Twitter 'follow us' email campaigns nearly 10% higher than open rates for other campaigns.
Meanwhile, the report shows getting consumers to click hasn't changed: coupons are still one of the best ways to get a shopper to click on an email offer. Coupon-based mailings were responsible for about 50% more clicks than other campaigns.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...