News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: Email volume up 10% YoY
Businesses may be cutting back on some traditional ad costs, but email isn't one of the 'traditional' areas seeing a recession. According to data from Experian CheetahMail email volumes were up 10% from Q2 2011 to Q2 2012, with the Travel and Consumer Products/Services sectors seeing the most growth.
"For Q2 2012, overall email volume increased 10 percent while open rates were slightly above the 2011 Q2 rates, as more than 55 percent of brands had statistically significant increases in open rates for Q2 2012," said Regina Gray, vice president of strategic services, Experian CheetahMail. "While click rates continued to show a year-over-year decline, there is some evidence that the rates are stabilizing. Email is still the most effective channel to connect with customers as we've seen a growing trend of brands utilizing social capabilities to acquire and engage consumers and fans across these new media channels."
One growth trend: the integration of social features into email marketing.
CheetahMail reports a 70% increase in campaigns geared toward getting consumers to 'like', 'pin' or 'follow' the brand through the social sphere. Pinterest, especially, is getting play from brands and consumers. The report indicates Pinterest mailings are getting about 25% higher clicks than other campaigns. However, Twitter wins for open rates.
Researchers found open rates for Twitter 'follow us' email campaigns nearly 10% higher than open rates for other campaigns.
Meanwhile, the report shows getting consumers to click hasn't changed: coupons are still one of the best ways to get a shopper to click on an email offer. Coupon-based mailings were responsible for about 50% more clicks than other campaigns.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...