News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Contactless payment symbol recognized by most Brits
The number of people in the UK that recognize the symbol for contactless payments has risen dramatically, according to new research from Barclaycard.
Eighty-four percent of Brits now recognize the symbol for contactless payments, double the number from a year ago (44%) and a far cry from the 28% in 2010, found Barclaycard in recent research.
Across Barclays Bank customers the number of people using contactless payment methods has "rocketed", says Richard Armstrong, Retail Relationship manager for Barclaycard. The company is now seeing more than a million contactless payments each month.
"We've also given our customers greater choice in how they make contactless payments," said Armstrong. "We now offer not just contactless debit and credit cards but also mobile phones, Barclaycard PayTag which can be attached to your mobile and even, at selected events, a Barclaycard PayBand to be worn around your wrist."
One stumbling block for contactless payments has been users' fear of fraud. However, the survey revealed that most (75%) did not know that, as per all other card payments, contactless payments are insured against fraud. This fact alone left more respondents more inclined to use the technology.
Barclaycard recently upped the limit for contactless payments from £15 ($24) to £20 ($32).
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...