News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Contactless payment symbol recognized by most Brits
The number of people in the UK that recognize the symbol for contactless payments has risen dramatically, according to new research from Barclaycard.
Eighty-four percent of Brits now recognize the symbol for contactless payments, double the number from a year ago (44%) and a far cry from the 28% in 2010, found Barclaycard in recent research.
Across Barclays Bank customers the number of people using contactless payment methods has "rocketed", says Richard Armstrong, Retail Relationship manager for Barclaycard. The company is now seeing more than a million contactless payments each month.
"We've also given our customers greater choice in how they make contactless payments," said Armstrong. "We now offer not just contactless debit and credit cards but also mobile phones, Barclaycard PayTag which can be attached to your mobile and even, at selected events, a Barclaycard PayBand to be worn around your wrist."
One stumbling block for contactless payments has been users' fear of fraud. However, the survey revealed that most (75%) did not know that, as per all other card payments, contactless payments are insured against fraud. This fact alone left more respondents more inclined to use the technology.
Barclaycard recently upped the limit for contactless payments from £15 ($24) to £20 ($32).
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...