News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer surveys increasingly completed on mobile devices
The number of people using mobile devices to complete online consumer surveys has more than doubled over the last year, according to new research from eDigitalResearch, signaling a need for researchers to ensure such surveys are suitably optimized across channels.
The number of smartphone and tablet users completing eDigitalResearch surveys on a mobile device rose from 4.2% in July last year to 9.2% in June this year.
In a supporting study, almost three-quarters (72%) of those who had previously completed a survey on their mobile device said they did so because it was more convenient.
However, a small number (15%) struggled to complete surveys that were dependent on their device supporting third-party software, such as Flash Player.
As with mobile shopping, consumers demand that the layout and design of surveys be such that they are optimized for mobile in terms of functionality and that they load quickly.
The trend in completing surveys via mobile looks set to continue with 82% of the 649 UK respondents saying they would likely complete a survey from their mobile in the future.
eDigitalResearch advises that Flash Player be avoided to make surveys more user-friendly across device types, as well as using a large, clear font, keeping questions simple and clear and minimizing the number of free-text answers to minimize typing.
"Deeper analysis of the results show that, like a retailer's m-commerce strategy, researchers need to ensure that customer insight programmes are available and suitably optimized through a variety of channels to allow respondents to complete Surveys when and where they want to, including out of the home and on their mobile," said Derek Eccleston, Head of Research at eDigitalResearch.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...