News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands face challenge to get consumers sharing data across multiple channels
More than eight out of ten consumers in the UK are happy to share their personal details with brands across a single channel, but that willingness drops considerably as the number of channels increases.
A poll by Experian, conducted with 2,000 consumers in the UK, investigated current attitudes towards sharing personal information with brands.
It found that more than 80% are happy to share personal details such as their address, email, mobile number, Facebook profile, marital status and income.
Of that 80%, over half (55%) are happy to share across one channel only, which for 79% is email. This is the level of sharing at which most are happiest with sharing across 2 channels only appealing to 19%, dropping to 8% for 3-5 channels.
Furthermore, age matters. While 40% of 18-24 year olds are happy to share their personal details across 3-5 channels, older consumers are somewhat more reluctant with just 27% happy to share across so many.
"Huge amounts of spending power sit with those who are "more reluctant" to share marketing information across multiple channels," said Jon Buss, Managing Director, Digital at Experian Marketing Services.
"Marketers need to build trust to engage with these potentially high value customers and move them to share more and richer data. The more channels consumers share information across, the greater the potential to link this data and the hotter they become in marketing terms."
More findings from the poll can be found on Experian's infographic.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...