News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands face challenge to get consumers sharing data across multiple channels
More than eight out of ten consumers in the UK are happy to share their personal details with brands across a single channel, but that willingness drops considerably as the number of channels increases.
A poll by Experian, conducted with 2,000 consumers in the UK, investigated current attitudes towards sharing personal information with brands.
It found that more than 80% are happy to share personal details such as their address, email, mobile number, Facebook profile, marital status and income.
Of that 80%, over half (55%) are happy to share across one channel only, which for 79% is email. This is the level of sharing at which most are happiest with sharing across 2 channels only appealing to 19%, dropping to 8% for 3-5 channels.
Furthermore, age matters. While 40% of 18-24 year olds are happy to share their personal details across 3-5 channels, older consumers are somewhat more reluctant with just 27% happy to share across so many.
"Huge amounts of spending power sit with those who are "more reluctant" to share marketing information across multiple channels," said Jon Buss, Managing Director, Digital at Experian Marketing Services.
"Marketers need to build trust to engage with these potentially high value customers and move them to share more and richer data. The more channels consumers share information across, the greater the potential to link this data and the hotter they become in marketing terms."
More findings from the poll can be found on Experian's infographic.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...