News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands face challenge to get consumers sharing data across multiple channels
More than eight out of ten consumers in the UK are happy to share their personal details with brands across a single channel, but that willingness drops considerably as the number of channels increases.
A poll by Experian, conducted with 2,000 consumers in the UK, investigated current attitudes towards sharing personal information with brands.
It found that more than 80% are happy to share personal details such as their address, email, mobile number, Facebook profile, marital status and income.
Of that 80%, over half (55%) are happy to share across one channel only, which for 79% is email. This is the level of sharing at which most are happiest with sharing across 2 channels only appealing to 19%, dropping to 8% for 3-5 channels.
Furthermore, age matters. While 40% of 18-24 year olds are happy to share their personal details across 3-5 channels, older consumers are somewhat more reluctant with just 27% happy to share across so many.
"Huge amounts of spending power sit with those who are "more reluctant" to share marketing information across multiple channels," said Jon Buss, Managing Director, Digital at Experian Marketing Services.
"Marketers need to build trust to engage with these potentially high value customers and move them to share more and richer data. The more channels consumers share information across, the greater the potential to link this data and the hotter they become in marketing terms."
More findings from the poll can be found on Experian's infographic.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...