News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Azullo: Ads on mobile 'forgettable'
Azullo has some worrying news for mobile marketers. The firm behind the ad solution Respond conducted research that found the vast majority of smartphone owners rarely remember ads they see on mobile browsers and apps.
When Azullo queried smartphone users on their ability to recall ads seen on their mobile device, very few could remember which brands or services were being advertised.
While some (17%) put it down to having a bad memory, ad creative and visibility were largely to blame.
A third (34%) couldn't remember what was being advertised because the ads weren't memorable and 4 in 10 said ads weren't properly optimized for mobile and appeared 'distorted'.
The vast majority, 81%, felt that advertisers weren't making enough of an effort to engage mobile viewers.
However, among those who could recall an ad on their mobile device, just 14% said it was effective in making them more likely to try, or buy, that brand or service.
"Most mobile ad formats are adapted from desktop. Banners ads are squeezed to fit far smaller spaces, with resulting compromises in clarity," said Guy Cookson, co-founder of Respond. "Graphical ads are also often slow to load over mobile networks. This is no way to engage an audience, to invite discovery, to inform and delight."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...