News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Azullo: Ads on mobile 'forgettable'
Azullo has some worrying news for mobile marketers. The firm behind the ad solution Respond conducted research that found the vast majority of smartphone owners rarely remember ads they see on mobile browsers and apps.
When Azullo queried smartphone users on their ability to recall ads seen on their mobile device, very few could remember which brands or services were being advertised.
While some (17%) put it down to having a bad memory, ad creative and visibility were largely to blame.
A third (34%) couldn't remember what was being advertised because the ads weren't memorable and 4 in 10 said ads weren't properly optimized for mobile and appeared 'distorted'.
The vast majority, 81%, felt that advertisers weren't making enough of an effort to engage mobile viewers.
However, among those who could recall an ad on their mobile device, just 14% said it was effective in making them more likely to try, or buy, that brand or service.
"Most mobile ad formats are adapted from desktop. Banners ads are squeezed to fit far smaller spaces, with resulting compromises in clarity," said Guy Cookson, co-founder of Respond. "Graphical ads are also often slow to load over mobile networks. This is no way to engage an audience, to invite discovery, to inform and delight."
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...