News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are your holidays cloud ready?
With the 2012 holiday season rapidly approaching, merchants and brands are looking for better scale across online avenues. RightScale has released a 'Cloud for the Holidays' solution, geared to helping brands avoid site downtime by leveraging cloud computing over the coming months.
Merchant and comparison shopping sites/engines have historically seen spikes in traffic beginning on Thanksgiving Weekend in the US; by utilizing cloud technology merchants can better manage those peak traffic times, keeping websites up and functioning even with millions of visitors.
"Our customers rely on cost-effective cloud infrastructure to run their online websites and applications, and meet their customer demand during the critical holiday season," said Kim Weins, Vice President of Marketing, RightScale. "RightScale 'Cloud for the Holidays' solution enables our customers to architect applications for high availability and scalability, giving them confidence that their promotions or micro-sites will be ready for a surge in traffic at any time."
Over the 2011 holiday season RightScale analyzed traffic patterns for their customers, finding spikes of 44% during the week of second week in November and continuing through the New Year holidays. Some traffic spiked up to 63% during the season.
Ten individual shopping days, beginning with Black Friday, topped the $1 billion shopping mark during the 2011 holiday season; only 1 day topped $1 billion spent in 2010. While we may not see online spending jump as much during the 2012 shopping period, it's clear that more and more people are shopping online - thus it makes sense for merchants to be prepared for spikes in traffic.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...