News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are your holidays cloud ready?
With the 2012 holiday season rapidly approaching, merchants and brands are looking for better scale across online avenues. RightScale has released a 'Cloud for the Holidays' solution, geared to helping brands avoid site downtime by leveraging cloud computing over the coming months.
Merchant and comparison shopping sites/engines have historically seen spikes in traffic beginning on Thanksgiving Weekend in the US; by utilizing cloud technology merchants can better manage those peak traffic times, keeping websites up and functioning even with millions of visitors.
"Our customers rely on cost-effective cloud infrastructure to run their online websites and applications, and meet their customer demand during the critical holiday season," said Kim Weins, Vice President of Marketing, RightScale. "RightScale 'Cloud for the Holidays' solution enables our customers to architect applications for high availability and scalability, giving them confidence that their promotions or micro-sites will be ready for a surge in traffic at any time."
Over the 2011 holiday season RightScale analyzed traffic patterns for their customers, finding spikes of 44% during the week of second week in November and continuing through the New Year holidays. Some traffic spiked up to 63% during the season.
Ten individual shopping days, beginning with Black Friday, topped the $1 billion shopping mark during the 2011 holiday season; only 1 day topped $1 billion spent in 2010. While we may not see online spending jump as much during the 2012 shopping period, it's clear that more and more people are shopping online - thus it makes sense for merchants to be prepared for spikes in traffic.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...