News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AR app downloads to hit 2.5 billion by 2017
All manner of applications exist that will augment your reality. Some overlay historical street views on modern vistas, show you which way to point your satellite dish or display and label the universe in front of you. According to new estimates from Juniper Research, the prevalence of augmented reality apps will soon skyrocket as more consumers take an interest in what the technology can do for them.
According to Juniper Research's latest report, "Mobile Augmented Reality", such applications are set to take off in a big way. The research firm estimates that augmented reality apps could reach 2.5 billion downloads in the next five years.
The key to reaching this momentum is consumer awareness. While those consumers who are more familiar with tech are already familiar with augmented reality and what can be achieved with it, many consumers aren't so clued up.
"Without an increase in consumer awareness, it will be difficult for the mobile augmented reality industry to reach critical mass and without critical mass, many AR apps will not be able to find the size of audience they need to break even and advertisers may find that they are unable to reach their target demographic," says Juniper Research in its report.
Perhaps new 'devices', such as Google's 'Project Glass' AR glasses, are what's needed to catapult augmented reality into more mainstream use. The AR glasses have certainly received some great reviews following Diane von Furstenberg's use of them during the recent New York Fashion Week. Out of that that event Google has released the first 100% Glass-shot video.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...