News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AR app downloads to hit 2.5 billion by 2017
All manner of applications exist that will augment your reality. Some overlay historical street views on modern vistas, show you which way to point your satellite dish or display and label the universe in front of you. According to new estimates from Juniper Research, the prevalence of augmented reality apps will soon skyrocket as more consumers take an interest in what the technology can do for them.
According to Juniper Research's latest report, "Mobile Augmented Reality", such applications are set to take off in a big way. The research firm estimates that augmented reality apps could reach 2.5 billion downloads in the next five years.
The key to reaching this momentum is consumer awareness. While those consumers who are more familiar with tech are already familiar with augmented reality and what can be achieved with it, many consumers aren't so clued up.
"Without an increase in consumer awareness, it will be difficult for the mobile augmented reality industry to reach critical mass and without critical mass, many AR apps will not be able to find the size of audience they need to break even and advertisers may find that they are unable to reach their target demographic," says Juniper Research in its report.
Perhaps new 'devices', such as Google's 'Project Glass' AR glasses, are what's needed to catapult augmented reality into more mainstream use. The AR glasses have certainly received some great reviews following Diane von Furstenberg's use of them during the recent New York Fashion Week. Out of that that event Google has released the first 100% Glass-shot video.
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...