News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AR app downloads to hit 2.5 billion by 2017
All manner of applications exist that will augment your reality. Some overlay historical street views on modern vistas, show you which way to point your satellite dish or display and label the universe in front of you. According to new estimates from Juniper Research, the prevalence of augmented reality apps will soon skyrocket as more consumers take an interest in what the technology can do for them.
According to Juniper Research's latest report, "Mobile Augmented Reality", such applications are set to take off in a big way. The research firm estimates that augmented reality apps could reach 2.5 billion downloads in the next five years.
The key to reaching this momentum is consumer awareness. While those consumers who are more familiar with tech are already familiar with augmented reality and what can be achieved with it, many consumers aren't so clued up.
"Without an increase in consumer awareness, it will be difficult for the mobile augmented reality industry to reach critical mass and without critical mass, many AR apps will not be able to find the size of audience they need to break even and advertisers may find that they are unable to reach their target demographic," says Juniper Research in its report.
Perhaps new 'devices', such as Google's 'Project Glass' AR glasses, are what's needed to catapult augmented reality into more mainstream use. The AR glasses have certainly received some great reviews following Diane von Furstenberg's use of them during the recent New York Fashion Week. Out of that that event Google has released the first 100% Glass-shot video.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...