News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple users: We'll upgrade...again
New data out from TechBargains indicated Apple users are happy with their mobile devices, enough so that they're planning on buying future releases rather than switching operating systems. According to the research nearly three-quarters of current iPhone 4 owners plan to buy the new Apple iPhone, rumored to be out later this year.
About one-third of current Blackberry users and just over 20% of Android users say they'll switch when the new iPhone releases.
"When it comes to smartphones, Apple's iPhone remains the leader," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "What is interesting to note is the survey indicated that one in five Android owners and almost 40% of Blackberry owners plan to ditch their current platform for the iPhone. This could be construed as a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Android and Blackberry products or simply a message that the iPhone's user experience remains unparalleled."
Apple now holds a 33% market share of the handset marketplace in the US.
Meanwhile, Brainshark has released an i-Phone version of their Slideshark mobile app. The free app allows users to share and track presentations through mobile devices; Slideshark released last year to the iPad.
"We're thrilled to extend the benefits of SlideShark to iPhone and iPod touch users, so they can view, share, track and manage PowerPoint presentations - no matter where they are or which iOS device they're using," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "The SlideShark iPhone app puts PowerPoint in your pocket - with a number of compelling features for business users especially tailored to the iPhone form factor."
The new release makes the app available to iPhone users, as well, including the ability to touch and zoom without losing resolution of the slides.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....