News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple users: We'll upgrade...again
New data out from TechBargains indicated Apple users are happy with their mobile devices, enough so that they're planning on buying future releases rather than switching operating systems. According to the research nearly three-quarters of current iPhone 4 owners plan to buy the new Apple iPhone, rumored to be out later this year.
About one-third of current Blackberry users and just over 20% of Android users say they'll switch when the new iPhone releases.
"When it comes to smartphones, Apple's iPhone remains the leader," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "What is interesting to note is the survey indicated that one in five Android owners and almost 40% of Blackberry owners plan to ditch their current platform for the iPhone. This could be construed as a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Android and Blackberry products or simply a message that the iPhone's user experience remains unparalleled."
Apple now holds a 33% market share of the handset marketplace in the US.
Meanwhile, Brainshark has released an i-Phone version of their Slideshark mobile app. The free app allows users to share and track presentations through mobile devices; Slideshark released last year to the iPad.
"We're thrilled to extend the benefits of SlideShark to iPhone and iPod touch users, so they can view, share, track and manage PowerPoint presentations - no matter where they are or which iOS device they're using," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "The SlideShark iPhone app puts PowerPoint in your pocket - with a number of compelling features for business users especially tailored to the iPhone form factor."
The new release makes the app available to iPhone users, as well, including the ability to touch and zoom without losing resolution of the slides.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...