News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple users: We'll upgrade...again
New data out from TechBargains indicated Apple users are happy with their mobile devices, enough so that they're planning on buying future releases rather than switching operating systems. According to the research nearly three-quarters of current iPhone 4 owners plan to buy the new Apple iPhone, rumored to be out later this year.
About one-third of current Blackberry users and just over 20% of Android users say they'll switch when the new iPhone releases.
"When it comes to smartphones, Apple's iPhone remains the leader," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "What is interesting to note is the survey indicated that one in five Android owners and almost 40% of Blackberry owners plan to ditch their current platform for the iPhone. This could be construed as a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Android and Blackberry products or simply a message that the iPhone's user experience remains unparalleled."
Apple now holds a 33% market share of the handset marketplace in the US.
Meanwhile, Brainshark has released an i-Phone version of their Slideshark mobile app. The free app allows users to share and track presentations through mobile devices; Slideshark released last year to the iPad.
"We're thrilled to extend the benefits of SlideShark to iPhone and iPod touch users, so they can view, share, track and manage PowerPoint presentations - no matter where they are or which iOS device they're using," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "The SlideShark iPhone app puts PowerPoint in your pocket - with a number of compelling features for business users especially tailored to the iPhone form factor."
The new release makes the app available to iPhone users, as well, including the ability to touch and zoom without losing resolution of the slides.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...