News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple users: We'll upgrade...again
New data out from TechBargains indicated Apple users are happy with their mobile devices, enough so that they're planning on buying future releases rather than switching operating systems. According to the research nearly three-quarters of current iPhone 4 owners plan to buy the new Apple iPhone, rumored to be out later this year.
About one-third of current Blackberry users and just over 20% of Android users say they'll switch when the new iPhone releases.
"When it comes to smartphones, Apple's iPhone remains the leader," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "What is interesting to note is the survey indicated that one in five Android owners and almost 40% of Blackberry owners plan to ditch their current platform for the iPhone. This could be construed as a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Android and Blackberry products or simply a message that the iPhone's user experience remains unparalleled."
Apple now holds a 33% market share of the handset marketplace in the US.
Meanwhile, Brainshark has released an i-Phone version of their Slideshark mobile app. The free app allows users to share and track presentations through mobile devices; Slideshark released last year to the iPad.
"We're thrilled to extend the benefits of SlideShark to iPhone and iPod touch users, so they can view, share, track and manage PowerPoint presentations - no matter where they are or which iOS device they're using," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "The SlideShark iPhone app puts PowerPoint in your pocket - with a number of compelling features for business users especially tailored to the iPhone form factor."
The new release makes the app available to iPhone users, as well, including the ability to touch and zoom without losing resolution of the slides.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...