News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple users: We'll upgrade...again
New data out from TechBargains indicated Apple users are happy with their mobile devices, enough so that they're planning on buying future releases rather than switching operating systems. According to the research nearly three-quarters of current iPhone 4 owners plan to buy the new Apple iPhone, rumored to be out later this year.
About one-third of current Blackberry users and just over 20% of Android users say they'll switch when the new iPhone releases.
"When it comes to smartphones, Apple's iPhone remains the leader," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "What is interesting to note is the survey indicated that one in five Android owners and almost 40% of Blackberry owners plan to ditch their current platform for the iPhone. This could be construed as a commentary on consumer dissatisfaction with Android and Blackberry products or simply a message that the iPhone's user experience remains unparalleled."
Apple now holds a 33% market share of the handset marketplace in the US.
Meanwhile, Brainshark has released an i-Phone version of their Slideshark mobile app. The free app allows users to share and track presentations through mobile devices; Slideshark released last year to the iPad.
"We're thrilled to extend the benefits of SlideShark to iPhone and iPod touch users, so they can view, share, track and manage PowerPoint presentations - no matter where they are or which iOS device they're using," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "The SlideShark iPhone app puts PowerPoint in your pocket - with a number of compelling features for business users especially tailored to the iPhone form factor."
The new release makes the app available to iPhone users, as well, including the ability to touch and zoom without losing resolution of the slides.
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...