News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
91% of men have scanned a barcode while shopping
New research into the mobile consumer buying habits of men and women reveals that, not only do men shop more via mobile than women, but they also make more use of barcode scanners.
The survey of 1,100 men and women, by online market research and technology development firm uSamp, found that more men than women make purchases via mobile - 45% vs. 34%.
Not only are men out-shopping women in categories such as consumer electronics (27% vs. 8%) but also in those such as food and drink (13% vs. 8%) and digital content (30% vs. 20%).
"We recognize that mobile consumerism is on the rise, and it's important for companies to learn where, why, and how their audiences are making their buying decisions," said Matt Dusig, co-founder and CEO, uSamp. "Our mobile platform is taking the guessing out of mobile consumers' behavior, and we're gaining first-hand experience of what is driving their actions."
uSamp's survey found a surprisingly high number of mobile consumers, both men and women, scan barcodes as part of the purchase process. Again, men were found to use this mobile function more than women (91% vs. 85%).
Places where mobile consumers scanned barcodes were:
- Electronic store: 27% male vs. 12% female;
- Convenience store: 7% male vs. 3% female;
- Cosmetic store: 6% female vs. 2% male.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...