News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
84% of UK fashion retailers do not have a mobile website
Almost 90% of fashion retailers in the UK believe mobile should be an essential part of their business. However, a poll by m-commerce solutions firm MoPowered found that perceived high costs, security concerns and a lack of resources prevents the vast majority from taking the plunge.
The good news is that nearly all (90%) of the 300 or so small- to medium-sized UK fashion retailers surveyed by OnePoll for MoPowered believe mobile shopping should be an essential part of their business.
The key word here is "should", because the bad news is that a whopping 84% of those retailers don't have a mobile website.
That's despite comScore's estimate that there are now over 28 million smartphones in use across the UK, 38% more than twelve months ago.
"With recent British Retail Consortium figures showing a slump in retail sales during the Olympics (August 2012) and with autumn ranges set to be rolled out as well as the looming Christmas period, fashion retailers can't afford to risk missing out on this additional business as consumers want to shop anytime, anyplace and anywhere," says Dominic Keen, chief executive of MoPowered.
When asked what was preventing them from moving forward with a mobile website many cited perceived high costs, a lack of resources and security concerns. A third was put off by the risk of mobile payments and 36% believed it would be too time-consuming. And yet, those same retailers believe m-commerce sales would increase by a third over the next five years.
"Recent research by Google shows that at least 15% of all online traffic is now coming through mobile meaning not being handset optimized is equivalent to shutting your online store for a day of every week," warned Keen.
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....