News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
27% of smartphone users scan QR Codes in-store
New research from mobile marketing and technology firm Vibes reveals that most consumers now have their mobile with them while shopping. A huge opportunity exists for retailers worried about "showrooming" to provide consumers with ways to help make purchasing decisions.
When Vibes surveyed just over 1,000 mobile phone owners age 18 and over they found there are key ways in which brick-and-mortar stores can help consumers find the product they want.
According to Vibes' study:
- 84% of "showrooming shoppers" have conducted product research while shopping in-store;
- 33% of consumers admit to comparison shopping on a competitor's website while in another retailer's store;
- 6% were likely to abandon an in-store purchase for a competitor.
QR Codes are one way in which retailers can provide consumers with up-to-the-minute product information. Over a quarter (27%) of smartphone owners in Vibes' study have scanned a QR Code in-store.
According to Vibes, consumers are more likely to make a purchase when they can more easily access product information. After scanning (or texting) for product information nearly half (48%) of respondents said they felt much better about their purchase, and 14% who scanned or texted for more information went on to make a purchase they hadn't planned to make.
"Consumers have an emotional reaction when they find the right information. It's an important connection that retailers can make with their customers. Giving them the information that makes them feel better about their purchase decision is a powerful opportunity," says the report.
"It's also one uniquely positioned for a mobile experience since it can quickly validate or dissuade a shopper at the very moment they intend to make a decision."
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...