News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
27% of smartphone users scan QR Codes in-store
New research from mobile marketing and technology firm Vibes reveals that most consumers now have their mobile with them while shopping. A huge opportunity exists for retailers worried about "showrooming" to provide consumers with ways to help make purchasing decisions.
When Vibes surveyed just over 1,000 mobile phone owners age 18 and over they found there are key ways in which brick-and-mortar stores can help consumers find the product they want.
According to Vibes' study:
- 84% of "showrooming shoppers" have conducted product research while shopping in-store;
- 33% of consumers admit to comparison shopping on a competitor's website while in another retailer's store;
- 6% were likely to abandon an in-store purchase for a competitor.
QR Codes are one way in which retailers can provide consumers with up-to-the-minute product information. Over a quarter (27%) of smartphone owners in Vibes' study have scanned a QR Code in-store.
According to Vibes, consumers are more likely to make a purchase when they can more easily access product information. After scanning (or texting) for product information nearly half (48%) of respondents said they felt much better about their purchase, and 14% who scanned or texted for more information went on to make a purchase they hadn't planned to make.
"Consumers have an emotional reaction when they find the right information. It's an important connection that retailers can make with their customers. Giving them the information that makes them feel better about their purchase decision is a powerful opportunity," says the report.
"It's also one uniquely positioned for a mobile experience since it can quickly validate or dissuade a shopper at the very moment they intend to make a decision."
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...