News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
21% of Americans spend more on smartphone service plans than groceries
Today the world is talking about the new iPhone 5, but here's a fact that will have you wondering about the affordability of such devices. A new survey from CouponCabin.com reveals that one in five Americans have a larger mobile service plan bill for their smartphone than the cost of their groceries every month.
Keeping connected appears to be more of a priority for some than keeping food on the table. CouponCabin.com's survey found that almost 60% of Americans pay more than $100 for mobile service plans each month. That figure is more for 13% who rack up more than $200 or more each month.
Just over one in five (21%) spend more on their mobile service plan each month than they do groceries.
In fact, there are a few other basics that Americans spend less on than they do their mobile service plan. A third (33%) spend less on basic utilities such as water, gas and electric than they do their mobile phone, as well as cable TV (57%) and the Internet (71%).
"Mobile phones are ingrained in our everyday lives, but their high costs can do damage to a monthly budget," said Jackie Warrick, President and Chief Savings Officer at CouponCabin.com. "Many mobile phone owners are now revisiting their plans and looking at ways to cut back."
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...