News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube's TrueView ad format launched on Android
YouTube's TrueView video ad format is being launched on Android devices this week, according to the Google Mobile Ads blog, with plans to roll out the format to all mobile operating systems in the next few weeks.
Google introduced the skippable cost-per-view YouTube ad format at the end of 2010. Since that time is has been reported that over two-thirds of TrueView ads on YouTube are watched by viewers.
Just 30% are skipped.
There is even more good news for advertisers. Those viewers who don't skip TrueView ads are 75% more engaged than viewers who are presented with standard ads.
A significant benefit of the TrueView ad format is that it enables advertisers to assess what effectively engages an audience. And, as it's based on a cost-per-view model, advertisers are only charged if an ad is viewed in full, or for at least 30 seconds.
As from this week, the TrueView ad format will be available on Android devices and will be rolled out to other mobile platforms in due course.
"We've only just begun testing TrueView on mobile, but early indications are that people engage with these ads in the same way as they do on desktop," writes Phil Farhi, YouTube's group product manager on the Google blog.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...