News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube's TrueView ad format launched on Android
YouTube's TrueView video ad format is being launched on Android devices this week, according to the Google Mobile Ads blog, with plans to roll out the format to all mobile operating systems in the next few weeks.
Google introduced the skippable cost-per-view YouTube ad format at the end of 2010. Since that time is has been reported that over two-thirds of TrueView ads on YouTube are watched by viewers.
Just 30% are skipped.
There is even more good news for advertisers. Those viewers who don't skip TrueView ads are 75% more engaged than viewers who are presented with standard ads.
A significant benefit of the TrueView ad format is that it enables advertisers to assess what effectively engages an audience. And, as it's based on a cost-per-view model, advertisers are only charged if an ad is viewed in full, or for at least 30 seconds.
As from this week, the TrueView ad format will be available on Android devices and will be rolled out to other mobile platforms in due course.
"We've only just begun testing TrueView on mobile, but early indications are that people engage with these ads in the same way as they do on desktop," writes Phil Farhi, YouTube's group product manager on the Google blog.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...