News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube's TrueView ad format launched on Android
YouTube's TrueView video ad format is being launched on Android devices this week, according to the Google Mobile Ads blog, with plans to roll out the format to all mobile operating systems in the next few weeks.
Google introduced the skippable cost-per-view YouTube ad format at the end of 2010. Since that time is has been reported that over two-thirds of TrueView ads on YouTube are watched by viewers.
Just 30% are skipped.
There is even more good news for advertisers. Those viewers who don't skip TrueView ads are 75% more engaged than viewers who are presented with standard ads.
A significant benefit of the TrueView ad format is that it enables advertisers to assess what effectively engages an audience. And, as it's based on a cost-per-view model, advertisers are only charged if an ad is viewed in full, or for at least 30 seconds.
As from this week, the TrueView ad format will be available on Android devices and will be rolled out to other mobile platforms in due course.
"We've only just begun testing TrueView on mobile, but early indications are that people engage with these ads in the same way as they do on desktop," writes Phil Farhi, YouTube's group product manager on the Google blog.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...