News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for integrating mobile POS
As more shoppers go online to find deals, retailers are looking for more ways to use online effectiveness - shorter lines, no waiting, coupon options - to engage shoppers once they are through physical store doors. One way is in using the online space in-store - checking out via tablet, online POS systems to manage inventory and faster check-out methods.
ShopKeep POS is one system helping retailers streamline their in-store effectiveness. I recently chatted with the company about how retailers can better use technology in stores.
Kristina: We're hearing more about how consumers are using mobile/tablets in-store; what is the benefit to retailers using mobile devices in their businesses?
Jason Richelson, CEO and Founder, ShopKeepPOS: Tablets cost thousands of dollars less than the PC based terminals with touch screens. They are easier to update software on, have fewer issues with viruses, much easier to train cashiers on, are more secure and easier to configure, and are battery powered. The list goes on and on. We see half the black box terminals in retail stores replaced by tablets in the next 3 years.
Kristina: What are the benefits to mobile POS systems?
Jason: Removing barriers between the customers and the store employees. Speeds checkout and makes it a more personal experience.
Kristina: Do you see mobile POS systems 'taking over', especially for smaller retailers?
Jason: Cloud based point of sale with tablets for the cashiering function will be the standard among small retailers and many large ones in 3 years. For the reasons listed above and the much better service and lower risk that software as a service as a service provides.
Kristina: What are your top three tips for better integrating mobile POS systems for retailers?
Jason: 1. Look for a system that is all encompassing. Don't try to tack on a mobile POS to your old fashion existing client server based point of sale system.
2. Use iOS because you will find accessories you need specially made for Apple iPads and iPods that you will not find for most other tablets.
3. Look for a cloud based provider that has no long term contracts so that they are judged by their long term service and support. Be ready to leave them if they don't provide the product and support you need for your business.
Kristina: Kindle Fire, iPad and Samsung Galaxy are leading in tablet adoption, for consumers, now... are these also the leaders for retailers? Which tablet(s) do you believe will 'take over'?
Jason: No, none of these tablets will be seen in retail in the near future. There are no accessories for these devices that make sense for retailers right now. In addition, the iPad is a hardier device at the moment for retailers to run their store on. We do expect other tablets to eventually enter retail but they have a high hurdle to have the same support and accessibility as the iPad has today. We have retailers in the middle of Alaska that can go to Walmart and buy an iPad, then be up and running with ShopKeep POS in their store in minutes. You just cannot do that with other point of sale systems or devices.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...