News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: We're creatures of habit, even with options
There may be different restaurants and stores on every corner, but a new study shows we humans are creatures of habit. Even with multiple choices. JiWire has unveiled the Location Graph which correlates behaviors with location to create an anonymous profile of a user which can be then be used to target ads more efficiently.
According to a recent JiWire report we're eating at the same places, visiting the same stores and it's all based on behavior. Some early results include:
• 60% of women eat at the same 3 restaurants each month
• Moms who visit beauty salons are also likely to visit a health club or child care center
• 23% of visitors to Peet's Coffee and Tea also visit Starbucks
"The Location Graph offers deep insights into user behaviors, some more expected than others. We all know that people tend to travel in similar circles, and it was extremely exciting to actually see what those patterns looked like," said David Staas, interim CEO of JiWire. "Using location, we can see how similar audiences tend to exhibit the same patterns and compare them to other audience segments - like moms vs. dads vs. students, etc. The ability to find and create look-alike audiences is going to completely revolutionize the way people think about mobile and location."
JiWire also looked at loyalty and found about one-third of people who visit Best Buy also visit competitor stores.
JiWire data includes one billion location tags and is growing about 16 million each day. Using data like this, brands can determine patterns in the stores consumers visit to create a more accurate profile. That profile can then help brands create more targeted ad campaigns or make tweaks to improve campaign ROI.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...