News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: We're creatures of habit, even with options
There may be different restaurants and stores on every corner, but a new study shows we humans are creatures of habit. Even with multiple choices. JiWire has unveiled the Location Graph which correlates behaviors with location to create an anonymous profile of a user which can be then be used to target ads more efficiently.
According to a recent JiWire report we're eating at the same places, visiting the same stores and it's all based on behavior. Some early results include:
• 60% of women eat at the same 3 restaurants each month
• Moms who visit beauty salons are also likely to visit a health club or child care center
• 23% of visitors to Peet's Coffee and Tea also visit Starbucks
"The Location Graph offers deep insights into user behaviors, some more expected than others. We all know that people tend to travel in similar circles, and it was extremely exciting to actually see what those patterns looked like," said David Staas, interim CEO of JiWire. "Using location, we can see how similar audiences tend to exhibit the same patterns and compare them to other audience segments - like moms vs. dads vs. students, etc. The ability to find and create look-alike audiences is going to completely revolutionize the way people think about mobile and location."
JiWire also looked at loyalty and found about one-third of people who visit Best Buy also visit competitor stores.
JiWire data includes one billion location tags and is growing about 16 million each day. Using data like this, brands can determine patterns in the stores consumers visit to create a more accurate profile. That profile can then help brands create more targeted ad campaigns or make tweaks to improve campaign ROI.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...