News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Optimized images increase hotel ad click-thrus
A new study out from Intent Media indicates optimizing images may help online ad click-thru rates. Intent Media studied ads for major hotel brands; their research shows optimizing images increased click-thrus in some cases by up to 100%. Correlations could be made to other ad categories.
Intent Media studied how hotels advertising online increased click-thrus from an online travel site. After optimizing the images attached to the ads the average click-thru increased about 15%. In some cases CTRs increased 100%.
Other than optimizing the image, nothing was changed in the ad - pricing, descriptions, placement and ratings remained the same.
"We tested multiple images for the same hotels," said Richard Harris, CEO of Intent Media, "We knew we'd see some difference between the winners and losers, but the degree of difference surprised us. The impact this can have on a hotel's ability to be considered, and thus booked, is pretty significant. . .This data is pretty compelling and we're glad that our system is letting hotels gather this kind of learning. Understanding which image consumers best respond to is learning they can apply across their marketing and sales efforts."
Also of interest, the hotel company allowed Intent to study the interactions of actual consumers not just a focus group.
While this study was specific to hotel ads, correlations can be draw to retail ads, and some other categories. By optimizing images advertising can create a more relevant experience for the consumer.
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
- Latest mobile network tests find Vodafone wanting
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...