News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Optimized images increase hotel ad click-thrus
A new study out from Intent Media indicates optimizing images may help online ad click-thru rates. Intent Media studied ads for major hotel brands; their research shows optimizing images increased click-thrus in some cases by up to 100%. Correlations could be made to other ad categories.
Intent Media studied how hotels advertising online increased click-thrus from an online travel site. After optimizing the images attached to the ads the average click-thru increased about 15%. In some cases CTRs increased 100%.
Other than optimizing the image, nothing was changed in the ad - pricing, descriptions, placement and ratings remained the same.
"We tested multiple images for the same hotels," said Richard Harris, CEO of Intent Media, "We knew we'd see some difference between the winners and losers, but the degree of difference surprised us. The impact this can have on a hotel's ability to be considered, and thus booked, is pretty significant. . .This data is pretty compelling and we're glad that our system is letting hotels gather this kind of learning. Understanding which image consumers best respond to is learning they can apply across their marketing and sales efforts."
Also of interest, the hotel company allowed Intent to study the interactions of actual consumers not just a focus group.
While this study was specific to hotel ads, correlations can be draw to retail ads, and some other categories. By optimizing images advertising can create a more relevant experience for the consumer.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...