News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Optimized images increase hotel ad click-thrus
A new study out from Intent Media indicates optimizing images may help online ad click-thru rates. Intent Media studied ads for major hotel brands; their research shows optimizing images increased click-thrus in some cases by up to 100%. Correlations could be made to other ad categories.
Intent Media studied how hotels advertising online increased click-thrus from an online travel site. After optimizing the images attached to the ads the average click-thru increased about 15%. In some cases CTRs increased 100%.
Other than optimizing the image, nothing was changed in the ad - pricing, descriptions, placement and ratings remained the same.
"We tested multiple images for the same hotels," said Richard Harris, CEO of Intent Media, "We knew we'd see some difference between the winners and losers, but the degree of difference surprised us. The impact this can have on a hotel's ability to be considered, and thus booked, is pretty significant. . .This data is pretty compelling and we're glad that our system is letting hotels gather this kind of learning. Understanding which image consumers best respond to is learning they can apply across their marketing and sales efforts."
Also of interest, the hotel company allowed Intent to study the interactions of actual consumers not just a focus group.
While this study was specific to hotel ads, correlations can be draw to retail ads, and some other categories. By optimizing images advertising can create a more relevant experience for the consumer.
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...