News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: How mobile impacts Hispanic shoppers
According to several estimates the Hispanic demographic is huge for mobile. eMarketer reported in 2011 that Hispanics were about 17% more likely to go online via mobile than the general marketplace while Nielsen data indicates Hispanics are some of the earliest adopters of smart devices. Now a new study shows how mobile devices are impacting Hispanic shoppers - while in-store.
"We knew Hispanics are heavy mobile users," Sensis President José Villa said. "Although we began by examining in-store mobile use, what we've uncovered are two distinct Hispanic behaviors, social shopping and price comparison, that are heavily involved with and impacted by mobile use."
The report, Hispanic In-Store Mobile Experience: The Deals Ethnic, finds:
• Hispanic shoppers are more engaged with price comparing and deal options - 55% say price is the biggest purchase factor
• Hispanic shoppers are less engaged with product reviews
• Hispanic shoppers use Google Shopper, Barcode Scanner as well as shopping apps to find the right pricing
• Hispanics are less likely to use a retailer-specific app - because these don't include price comparisons
• 87% price compare on expensive items, 43% price-check on 'everyday items'
While in-store, Hispanic shoppers are looking up specials/sales, scanning product/QR codes and using mobile coupons - all at higher rates than the general marketplace. And while we're on the subject, these shoppers aren't comparing prices with sites like Amazon, they are looking at product prices in physical stores in the same cities where they are shopping.
To keep these shoppers in-store, the report suggests explaining the differences in price, offering price match services and employ a rewards program that gives shoppers added value for making a purchase - future discounts, for example.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...