News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: How mobile impacts Hispanic shoppers
According to several estimates the Hispanic demographic is huge for mobile. eMarketer reported in 2011 that Hispanics were about 17% more likely to go online via mobile than the general marketplace while Nielsen data indicates Hispanics are some of the earliest adopters of smart devices. Now a new study shows how mobile devices are impacting Hispanic shoppers - while in-store.
"We knew Hispanics are heavy mobile users," Sensis President José Villa said. "Although we began by examining in-store mobile use, what we've uncovered are two distinct Hispanic behaviors, social shopping and price comparison, that are heavily involved with and impacted by mobile use."
The report, Hispanic In-Store Mobile Experience: The Deals Ethnic, finds:
• Hispanic shoppers are more engaged with price comparing and deal options - 55% say price is the biggest purchase factor
• Hispanic shoppers are less engaged with product reviews
• Hispanic shoppers use Google Shopper, Barcode Scanner as well as shopping apps to find the right pricing
• Hispanics are less likely to use a retailer-specific app - because these don't include price comparisons
• 87% price compare on expensive items, 43% price-check on 'everyday items'
While in-store, Hispanic shoppers are looking up specials/sales, scanning product/QR codes and using mobile coupons - all at higher rates than the general marketplace. And while we're on the subject, these shoppers aren't comparing prices with sites like Amazon, they are looking at product prices in physical stores in the same cities where they are shopping.
To keep these shoppers in-store, the report suggests explaining the differences in price, offering price match services and employ a rewards program that gives shoppers added value for making a purchase - future discounts, for example.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...