News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Silverpop: Travel sector has worst email CTRs
In its 2012 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study, digital marketing technology provider Silverpop reveals that the travel sector is the worst-performing in terms of click-through rates.
Silverpop analyzed email messages sent by 1,124 brands during 2011 and the first quarter of 2012.
It found that, while open and click-through rates vary from sector to sector, travel had the worst click-through rates (2.3%) and third-worst open rates (13.2%) globally.
The best open rates were within the financial services (5.6%) and charity (52.2%) sectors. The best click-through rates were consumer software (8.6%) and media/publishing (8.9%) sectors.
According to Loren McDonald, VP of industry relations at Silverpop, "These findings confirm that response rates vary widely based on the approach that is taken and the content that is delivered".
"Companies that focus on helping recipients by providing behavior-based content that is meaningful, personal and relevant rather than just firing off one-size-fits-all promotions are far more likely to find themselves in the top 25%."
The full report can be downloaded here.
Earlier this month, research from Message Systems showed that email continues to be a valuable and preferred marketing channel.
Nearly all (97%) of the 100 marketing and email industry professionals surveyed cited email as the top marketing channel, followed by social with 70%.
Furthermore, almost two-thirds (63%) reported that email provides the best ROI, trouncing the number that cited social.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...