News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rocket Fuel: Dads pushing more BTS buys
When it comes to back to school, retailers might want to spend a little time on Dad. While moms still make the bulk of back to school (BTS) buys, data from Rocket Fuel shows dads are taking on some of these responsibilities.
A lot of back to school buying is going on across the US, but it isn't just moms and kids hitting stores this year - data from Rocket Fuel indicates dads are making more BTS purchases in 2012. And, there is still time to target dad since some shoppers won't buy a thing for school until the first day bell has rung.
According to the Rocket Fuel report:
• Just over half of moms and dads will "only shop" in-store in 2012
• About 15% of dads and 29% of moms will shop in-store and online
• 24% of dads will use a mobile device to assist shopping in-store, 9% of moms will do the same
• Less than 20% of moms and dads use a mobile device to buy items online
One interesting finding from the report is that dads are most likely to ask a friend or rely on friends' recommendations when buying products for back to school. Researchers found Dad is almost twice as likely to weight purchases according to a friend recommendation than Teen. Moms are least likely to rely on a friend recommendation about a purchase.
Back to school households, both college-aged and with younger children, are expected to spend nearly $84 billion on supplies, clothing and electronics in 2012.
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...