News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Women outspending men on international mobile calling
Apps, browsing and game playing may be getting more headlines, but a new report from Rebtel and Harris Interactive shows calling still plays a major part in mobiles' lives. According to the report 20 million Americans are spending upwards of $38 billion each year on international mobile calls.
One in five, according to the Rebtel report, make international calls, spending more than $150 per month on the calls. Women are making the bulk of the calls, spending about $267 finds the report. Men spend about $85/month. Also, VoIP users are likely most adept at making international calls. The report found:
• 35% of US adults who have tablets/smartphones have a VoIP app installed
• 29% of Hispanic mobiles make international calls
• 36% of African-Americans make international calls
• Women are expected to pay more than men for international calls this year
"We see a tremendous difference in spending habits between those who have a VoIP app for calling and those who don't," said Andreas Bernstrom, CEO of Rebtel. "This is especially true across male and female tablet and smartphone owners. Over the next few years, as mVoIP calling apps become more widely adopted, we believe we will see a dramatic increase in smartphone and tablet owners turning to low cost calling apps as a way to reduce what they spend on international calls."
About 40% of men and women say they have a smartphone while only 8% of men (age 18-34) say they own a tablet. More than 20% of women (age 18-34) report owning a tablet.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...