News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile consumption of professionally produced video doubles
Video advertisers pay attention: the end-product of your ad, editorial piece or funny content clip needs to look good. Good camera angles, good picture quality and good sound quality. According to new data from FreeWheel the mobile consumption of professionally produced video content doubled in Q2 2012.
Along with the viewership of this content comes the face that more ads are being seen - and if the ads are lower quality the viewers will notice. That could leave a very bad impression.
According to the FreeWheel Video Monetization Report:
• Video views increased 10% YoY, ad views increased 68% YoY
• On average, video loads for long-form content were 6 per (Q1 2012) and 8 per (Q2 2012)
• Ad completion rates increased to 91% in Q2 (long-form) and 80% (mid-form)
• Mid-roll and post-roll ad formats showed the biggest increases
Viewing on PC/Mac also saw strong increases, doubling between Q1 and Q2.
"The advertisers demand for ad placements in professional digital video content is growing so rapidly that for the second consecutive quarter its growth outpaced the growth of video viewing," was written in the report. "This represents an extraordinary opportunity for video content producers: there are dollars available to support the production of this content and indeed, they need to continue to increase their supply."
In July comScore reported 11 billion video ads were viewed; more than 33 billion pieces of video content were viewed (June, 2012) for the reporting period. In the US more than 84% of US online adults are watching online video. The average content length is 6.8 minutes while the average video ad comes in at 0.4 minutes.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...