News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile consumption of professionally produced video doubles
Video advertisers pay attention: the end-product of your ad, editorial piece or funny content clip needs to look good. Good camera angles, good picture quality and good sound quality. According to new data from FreeWheel the mobile consumption of professionally produced video content doubled in Q2 2012.
Along with the viewership of this content comes the face that more ads are being seen - and if the ads are lower quality the viewers will notice. That could leave a very bad impression.
According to the FreeWheel Video Monetization Report:
• Video views increased 10% YoY, ad views increased 68% YoY
• On average, video loads for long-form content were 6 per (Q1 2012) and 8 per (Q2 2012)
• Ad completion rates increased to 91% in Q2 (long-form) and 80% (mid-form)
• Mid-roll and post-roll ad formats showed the biggest increases
Viewing on PC/Mac also saw strong increases, doubling between Q1 and Q2.
"The advertisers demand for ad placements in professional digital video content is growing so rapidly that for the second consecutive quarter its growth outpaced the growth of video viewing," was written in the report. "This represents an extraordinary opportunity for video content producers: there are dollars available to support the production of this content and indeed, they need to continue to increase their supply."
In July comScore reported 11 billion video ads were viewed; more than 33 billion pieces of video content were viewed (June, 2012) for the reporting period. In the US more than 84% of US online adults are watching online video. The average content length is 6.8 minutes while the average video ad comes in at 0.4 minutes.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...