News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Luxury brands continue looking online for buyers
Don't look at luxury brands to back off the online marketplace. In fact, a new forecast from Martini Media predicts luxury brands will continue looking online for ways to engage and convert shoppers.
One of the main instigators of the luxury brand push to online: more luxury consumers are looking online for entertainment, news and engagement.
"Overall, while the majority of those surveyed indicated that investment in digital is indeed growing, luxury brand marketers want much better ways to reach affluent consumers on the go," said Martini Media CEO, Skip Brand. "Those audiences have more dollars than time and expect an engagement experience that standard banner units do not deliver. And while they are willing to pay for it, if they cannot measure the return across their investments, it is an issue."
The report shows:
• Half of luxury brands plan to spend at least 10% more in online ad efforts
• Rich Media, Social, Mobile and Video sectors are seen as the most beneficial for brands
• Most luxury brands (80%) believe digital efforts are more effective at building brand favorability
• 60% believe digital builds higher brand awareness
• More TV Ad Dollars will be switched to Online Ad Dollars
David L. Smith, CEO and founder of Mediasmith said, "We are always happy to see research like this that is on the mark. It helps validate the trends we've been preaching to our clients relative to the rapid growth of Web video. The data points regarding the differences between agencies and advertisers in perception of media change is important for our client communications and education. It is encouraging to see that luxury advertisers are rapidly growing in their confidence in digital's ability to meet their overall communications goals. As we continue to leverage digital in strategic media plans, we are thrilled that luxury brands see the value in investing in these emerging channels."
More than 300 luxury brands were polled to come to these results.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...