News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Directly place ads most viewable
When it comes to ad viewability, the Q1-Q2 AdSafe Media Semi-Annual Report finds directly placed ads are winning out. Nearly half of directly placed ads are viewable, finds the report. The bad side? The ads aren't viewable for long.
According to the research, 49% of directly placed ads are viewable for about 1 second while at most 20% of all ads are viewable for 15 seconds or more. Perhaps a bit of a surprise - those above the fold ads were found to be less viewable that other ad formats.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Service-oriented website, like travel booking sites, were found to have higher ad views
• Financial and Auto sites have the lowest viewability
• Religion/Spirituality and Home/Garden sites showed the highest ad viewability
"AdSafe analyzes over a billion ad impressions every day to help guide smarter, better informed decisions for buyers and sellers," said Scott Knoll, CEO of AdSafe Media. "We are excited to share this exclusive, first to market data with the industry to raise awareness around issues like ad collision and provide the latest research into highly debated topics, such as ad viewability and inventory quality overall. We are also committed to providing solutions to address problems like viewability and collision rather than just measure them. We are currently the only company providing proactive solutions to today's leading brand and performance risks."
One interesting note: the 2011 survey found adult content and illegal download sites held less than 10% of high risk inventory; for the 2012 survey nearly half of high risk inventory.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...