News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Directly place ads most viewable
When it comes to ad viewability, the Q1-Q2 AdSafe Media Semi-Annual Report finds directly placed ads are winning out. Nearly half of directly placed ads are viewable, finds the report. The bad side? The ads aren't viewable for long.
According to the research, 49% of directly placed ads are viewable for about 1 second while at most 20% of all ads are viewable for 15 seconds or more. Perhaps a bit of a surprise - those above the fold ads were found to be less viewable that other ad formats.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Service-oriented website, like travel booking sites, were found to have higher ad views
• Financial and Auto sites have the lowest viewability
• Religion/Spirituality and Home/Garden sites showed the highest ad viewability
"AdSafe analyzes over a billion ad impressions every day to help guide smarter, better informed decisions for buyers and sellers," said Scott Knoll, CEO of AdSafe Media. "We are excited to share this exclusive, first to market data with the industry to raise awareness around issues like ad collision and provide the latest research into highly debated topics, such as ad viewability and inventory quality overall. We are also committed to providing solutions to address problems like viewability and collision rather than just measure them. We are currently the only company providing proactive solutions to today's leading brand and performance risks."
One interesting note: the 2011 survey found adult content and illegal download sites held less than 10% of high risk inventory; for the 2012 survey nearly half of high risk inventory.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...