News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Prevent ad collisions with new AdSafe solution
It's often a violation of an agreed insertion order (IO), but it still happens. According to new data released by brand protection firm AdSafe, 6 - 7% of ads are affected by ad collision.
Ad collision occurs when multiple ads from a brand's campaign are served on the same page, at the same time.
Such collisions can hamper campaign effectiveness through ineffective impressions while pushing up costs and lowering performance.
Analysis of the more than 1 billion ad impressions per day that pass through AdSafe's system showed that between 6% and 7% of ads suffer from ad collision.
The following graphic illustrates the potential cost of ad collisions on a major campaign:
In what is being touted as the first product of its kind to hit the market, AdSafe's Ad Collision Detection solution not only measures the location and number of ads displayed on a page, but proactively prevents brands from appearing on publisher pages that allow ad collisions.
The product will enable advertisers to understand how many (%) impressions were involved in collisions, by publisher, as well as the severity of collisions in terms of how many of the same ad were served together.
According to AdSafe, "By both avoiding publishers that allow collisions, and by leveraging AdSafe's exclusive data to get smarter about their media buys, brands can optimize ad engagement potential and effectiveness as well as better attribute performance and results."
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...