News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Prevent ad collisions with new AdSafe solution
It's often a violation of an agreed insertion order (IO), but it still happens. According to new data released by brand protection firm AdSafe, 6 - 7% of ads are affected by ad collision.
Ad collision occurs when multiple ads from a brand's campaign are served on the same page, at the same time.
Such collisions can hamper campaign effectiveness through ineffective impressions while pushing up costs and lowering performance.
Analysis of the more than 1 billion ad impressions per day that pass through AdSafe's system showed that between 6% and 7% of ads suffer from ad collision.
The following graphic illustrates the potential cost of ad collisions on a major campaign:
In what is being touted as the first product of its kind to hit the market, AdSafe's Ad Collision Detection solution not only measures the location and number of ads displayed on a page, but proactively prevents brands from appearing on publisher pages that allow ad collisions.
The product will enable advertisers to understand how many (%) impressions were involved in collisions, by publisher, as well as the severity of collisions in terms of how many of the same ad were served together.
According to AdSafe, "By both avoiding publishers that allow collisions, and by leveraging AdSafe's exclusive data to get smarter about their media buys, brands can optimize ad engagement potential and effectiveness as well as better attribute performance and results."
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...